Careers @ Hemma
Design Professional (Kitchen + Bath)
We are recruiting a Design Professional to join our team. In addition to meeting the qualifications & willingness to perform potential duties, a good fit for Hemma would be somebody that is not only proactive & self-motivated but also has the ability to think with both left-and-right brain. This position is technical and artistic.
- Knowledge of interior design space planning within residential construction,
specializing in producing kitchen & bathroom layouts.
- Proficient in design software & willingness to self-train into new software as directed
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Willingness to work flexible hours that accommodate client’s needs
(Including occasional evenings & weekends).
- Strong attention to detail: Pride in data accuracy & technical detail.
- Willingness to take & discuss Clifton Strengths assessment with a third party.
Further Consideration & Preference:
- Professional experience with cabinetry and layouts.
- Knowledge of NKBA standards for Kitchen & Bath Design.
- NKBA Certification, or working toward it.
- Interior Design Degree, or working toward it.
- Knowledge &/or experience with building finish materials.
- Project management experience.
Current Software: Chief Architect, 2020 Design, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, & QuickBooks
WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. FAMILY HARD.
LIVING ISN’T JUST FOR WEEKENDS.
Regular workdays and hours are M-F, with time off for lunch (required). However, we enjoy & expect flexibility not only for working effectively, but for family & personal time. Evenings, weekends, & travel will be expected for certain projects (also education & tradeshows). Similarly, necessary weekday obligations for family or self can be made-up outside of “normal” hours , pending project deadlines & meetings.
Flexibility in schedule will be dependent on ability to meet & complete job duties while maintaining full-time -status. We can discuss a 4, 5, or 6 day work-week.
Psychographics & Soft-Skills
- Keep positive can-do attitude showing enthusiasm for helping & serving clients as well as trade-partners & co-workers; maintaining courteous, respective, and professional
- Highly organized & able to meet schedules and deadlines.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a small team.
- Excellent time management & communication skills.
- Ability to take direction, make interpretations, & offer suggestions while ensuring a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Express proactive problem-solving abilities.
- Embrace new technologies & constantly strive for greater efficiencies through process or technology.
- Accept & thoughtfully contribute peer review.
- Flexibility to accept other duties as directed.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage, yet commensurate with education, training, certifications, & experience.
- Retirement plan with up to a 3% employer match.
- Paid Time Off.
- Paid Holidays.
- Employee Discount.
- Flexible Hours (please be ready to discuss your desires).
“Train people well enough so they can leave.
Treat them well enough so they don’t want to.”